Achieving Best Care
Our Vision is to provide the Best Care, by the Best People, in the Best Place for all of our customers.
High quality care is our number one priority. We want to exceed the expectations of our patients and staff and deliver a high quality service.
In order to help us achieve this objective we have developed a new approach, called 'Achieving Best Care' (ABC). The aim of ABC is to raise care quality and ensure that our services are free from waste, consistent and focused on delivering our patient and staff pledges.
Achieving Best Care has made significant changes to both our culture and the way we work - with everyone playing a role. It is improving quality and delivering enhancements in:
- The effectiveness of our care
- Patient safety
- Patient and carer experience
To help us with 'Achieving Best Care' we worked in partnership with Unipart Expert Practices, who had a wealth of experience and expertise for us to draw upon. To find out more about Unipart please visit their website
Achieving Best Care success
ABC has introduced more productive ways of working with some striking results:
- Most improved organisation in the ‘Healthcare 100’ Awards
- Generated over £4m of savings
- 59% reduction in median time to treatment in the Emergency Department (ED) from arrival to treatment
- 35% reduction in the time it takes to recruit a new member of staff
- Reduction in the number of patients failing to turn up for appointments, including a 33% reduction in Endoscopy
- Increase in direct care time between nurses and patients on inpatient wards.
Staff have been actively engaged in identifying how they can improve both the service they provide and their working lives. This is what really lies at the heart of ABC and our vision.
If you are interested in learning more about implementing ABC in your organisation in conjunction with Sherwood Forest Hospitals and/or Unipart please contact Ian Hall, Director of Service Improvement on 01623 622515 extension 3266.