SEXions relocates to King's Mill Hospital
17 May 2012
SEXions, the confidential service which provides sexual health advice and support for young people, is relocating to new premises at King’s Mill Hospital.
Monday May 21, the services will move their base from the Acre Connexions Centre, Kirkby in Ashfield, into the Genito Urinary Medicine (GUM) Department of the hospital. The move is part of the service’s integration into Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The SEXions team will remain an integral part of the local community.
Sexions works with all young people in the Ashfield and Mansfield areas to offer an extensive confidential service including:
· Advice on general sexual health, including teenage pregnancy & sexually transmitted infections
· A confidential phone/text messaging service on 07990 585647 or 07990 585642
· C-Card registration for young people & pick up points for collecting condoms
· One to one support in a place convenient for young people
· Pregnancy testing and support for young people’s choices around pregnancy
· Appointments arranged and support provided for young people wishing to use the Contraception and Sexual Health (CaSH), GUM and Nottinghamshire Unplanned Pregnancy Advice Service (NUPAS)
· Sexual health workshops for local schools/colleges and other youth settings in the area
· Sexual health support for young people with learning difficulties.
Karen Bowers, Kirkby College Teacher, said: "SEXions is a vital part of the personal, social and health education of young people. The team’s delivery of sexual health information to the students is excellent and their relaxed manner puts students at ease with potentially difficult subject material. All members of the team are approachable and students can access one to one support and advice where necessary.”
Where can you find us?
You can phone or text us anytime between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday on 07990 585647 or 07990 585642. SEXions will be in the following places at the following times:
Monday 3pm – 5pm: Drop-in session & supporting CaSH clinic, at Ashfield Community Hospital
Wednesday 3pm – 4.30pm: Drop-in session at the Acre Connexions Centre, Kirkby in Ashfield.
Thursday 3pm – 4.30pm: Drop-in session at The Bunker, Sutton in Ashfield
Thursday 3pm – 5pm: Sexions available for support during CaSH clinic at Oates Hill Health Centre, Sutton in Ashfield
Friday 2.30 – 4.30pm: One Stop Health Shop at Oakwood Surgery, Church St, Mansfield Woodhouse.
Issued by the Trust’s Communications Department
Telephone: 01623 672294 for further information/interviews/photographs