Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a number of questions that we regularly get asked, please see the questions and answers below to see if they can help you.
If you are unable to find the information you need please do not hesitate in contacting the Community Involvement Team on 01623 622515 Ext 3154 or direct line 01623 676011.
Q Is Sherwood Forest Hospitals a registered charity?
A Yes Sherwood Forest Hospitals is a registered charity: Registered Charity Number: 1054086
Q Why does the hospital need to raise money?
A The Sherwood Forest Hospital Charity raise funds to pay for things that are not covered by the NHS:
- fund environmental changes that enhance patient facilities enabling us to provide a welcoming and supporting atmosphere
- purchase the latest state of the art medical equipment ensuring that our patients receive the best possible care and treatment
- support staff to attend a variety of courses ensuring that our teams are kept up to date with medical knowledge and skills to enable them to provide high quality care.
Q Do I need authorisation from Sherwood Forest Hospitals charity to fundraise on their behalf?
A Yes. You need to contact the Community Involvement Team for authorisation. You will need to provide details of your fundraising event or activities (i.e. date, venue, contact information etc). Once we have this information we will register your event/activity, giving you permission to fundraise on our behalf. We will not issue your details to anyone else (unless you specifically asked for us to promote your event to others that may be interested).
Q How do I pay money into the Charitable Fund after the event?
A You can do this in a number of ways:
- Cheques can be made payable to Sherwood Forest Hospitals Charity and sent to our offices. Please include a covering letter with your name and contact details so we know who raised the money and can send you a receipt.
- Online donations can be made at www.justgiving.com/sherwoodforest
- Set up your own online sponsorship page by visiting www.justgiving.com/sherwoodforest and your sponsors will be able to pay by debit or credit card and the money will go straight to the ward or department that you are fundraising for. You will receive and acknowledgement from a member of our team who will also offer any support that you may require.
- Cash donations can be made if arranged in advance. Please call the Community Involvement Team on 01623 622515 Ext 3154 or direct line 01623 676011 (King's Mill Hospital) or 01636 681681 Ext 5692 or direct line 01636 685692 (Newark Hospital) between 8 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday to arrange a time to drop-off.
Q Is my donation eligible for Gift Aid?
A Donations made by individual tax payers are eligible for Gift Aid. This means that The Sherwood Forest Hospitals Charity is able to claim back the tax you have already paid on your donation - making it worth an extra 25p per £1 to us at no extra cost to you! In order to claim Gift Aid we need your name and full address including your post code. Gift Aid is not recoverable on company or group donations.
Q Will someone from the hospital come to my fundraising event?
A If we can! We get many requests to attend fundraising events and cheque presentations and we do our best to be at as many as possible. The more notice you can give us the more likely it is that someone will be able to attend.
Q How much help can the Community Involvement Team give to any event?
A We will try to give you as much help and information as possible. When you complete the Fundraising Registration Form please let us know if you will need anything. The more time we have to prepare for your event, the more we will be able to support you.
Q Does Sherwood Forest Hospitals have any collection boxes that I can borrow?
A Yes. We have a variety of collection boxes and buckets that you are more than welcome to borrow. Try and give us as much notice as possible so we can make sure we have enough for you. We can provide you with posters, leaflets and information about the services that you choose to raise funds for.
Q Ho do I contact The Community Involvement Team?
A The best way to contact us is by:
Telephone: 01623 622515 Ext 3154 / 01623 676011 (King's Mill Hospital)
01636 681681 Ext 5692 / 01636 685692 (Newark Hospital)
Post: King's Mill Hospital, Mansfield Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Notts NG17 4JL
Newark Hospital, Boundary Road, Newark, Notts NG24
A member of the team would always be happy to meet with you at the hospital site of your choice to discuss your ideas and assist you with any concerns