Patient Experience Team
Patient Experience Team (incorporating Complaints and the Patient Advice and Liaison Service)
The Patient Experience Team provides a confidential advice and information service. We are dedicated to listening to those that use our services, their carers and relatives. Your views are important to us and will enable the Trust to improve services.
View our Patient Experience Feedback for services provided by the Trust.
The Patient Experience Team can help:
- To make a complaint, compliment or resolve issues you may be concerned about
- Signpost to other services both within and outside of the Trust
- Collate your comments and suggestions through questionnaires, face to face discussions, comment cards, Trust Web site, email or telephone.
- To find independent help and support Involve and engage you in Trust work through Membership, Volunteering and attending specific groups.
All NHS Staff are experienced in helping resolve concerns, but if they are not able to resolve the problem or you don't know who to ask, the Patient Experience Team are here to assist you. Our aim is to resolve any issues quickly working with you to gain a satisfactory outcome.
- Listen to you
- Ensure that you are informed of all options available to you
- Work with you to decide the best action to resolve the issue
- Work with you to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible
- Signpost you to other services who can help if we are unable to resolve your concern
If your issues remain unresolved, or you would like to make a formal complaint, we can advise you on the complaints process and provide information on how to seek independent advice.
Contact the Patient Experience Team
The office is open Monday to Friday 8.30am-5:00pm. There will be times when there is no-one available to take your call, however there is an answer machine service 24 hours a day. We recognize that it is not always easy to talk to an answer machine, but please leave a message and we will get back to you.
Telephone: 01623 672222/ Newark 01636 685692
Patient Experience Team, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, King's Mill Hospital, Mansfield Road, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts. NG17 4JL
The service is confidential; the only exception to this is if you indicate that you or someone else is at risk, in which case the staff member may act with or without your consent in the interests of safety.
You will be asked to give permission for the staff member to share any information you give. If you are not the patient, consent of the patient must be determined. No action on behalf of the patient will be taken without consent. The staff member may discuss your difficulties with a colleague or supervisor in confidence to seek advice. This is so that we can be sure that the team gives you the best possible advice and support.
Click here to view the Trust's Complaints & Concerns Policy
Click here to view the latest quarterly Patient Experience Report