BMJ Best Practice: This draws on the latest evidence based research to offer step by step guidance, prognosis, treatment and prevention. It also features procedural videos, calculators, drug information and leaflets for patients. You can register for a BMJ Best Practice personal account for access to additional features like the mobile app and CME/CPD activity tracking.
CKS Clinical Knowledge Summaries Provides primary care practitioners with a readily accessible summary of the current evidence base and practical guidance on best practice.
Cochrane Library Includes the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Central Register of Controlled Trials, and Cochrane Clinical Answers.
The NHS Knowledge and Library Hub is the new ‘one stop shop’ for high quality knowledge and evidence resources. Please begin your search in the box below. It includes access to:
- Journals, books and databases
- Journals can be accessed vis the NHS Knowledge and Library Hub. Sign in with your OpenAthens account. You can browse for a particular journal title and then search for relevant articles within that journal.
- Resources purchased nationally and locally
- Healthcare databases, including Medline, Embase and CINAHL
- Review clinical decision support resources, including NICE Guidelines, DynaMed and BMJ Best Practice
Health Research Premium Collection provides a broad collection of healthcare journals and resources.
MAH Complete covers the whole health care spectrum including nursing, midwifery, medicine, allied health professions and health economics. Journals include: British Journal of Community Nursing, British Journal of Healthcare Management, British Journal of Nursing, British Journal of School Nursing and Practice Nursing etc.