Hearing aid repairs
Once a person has received a hearing aid from us, we also provide all ongoing service needs. If the hearing aid breaks, an appointment is always needed for a repair. These are available usually the next working day at the latest. We can be contacted by phone, email and text.
Below is a list of common faults and possible solutions which you can try before contacting us to make an appointment:
- Tubing is discoloured, brittle and keeps slipping out – Replace the tubing
- The hearing aid is whistling or screeching - Have your ear checked for wax and/or ensure your earmould is fitting properly.
- The sound keeps going off and then coming back on – Blow through the tubing and change the battery.
- Hearing aid is bleeping – Replace the battery.
- No sound – Check the tubing for blockages such as wax or condensation.
- Earmould is uncomfortable, or keeps slipping out - Check that you are fitting it correctly.
Lost hearing aids
It is hospital policy for the department to make a charge for lost aids or those damaged through misuse. The charge is £75 per aid or £90 per aid and mould. Please phone us to book an appointment to replace your aid.