Back Pain Unit
The back pain unit at King's Mill Hospital offers assessment and best care based on research for adults with severe ongoing low back pain.
We are proud of the team’s excellent clinical experience and knowledge base, our patients report high levels of satisfaction with the help given.
- Specialist assessment within a consultant led clinic, with the aim to refer patients into the appropriate service
- Back to fitness programme – physiotherapist-led group progamme for patients without significant psychological distress. The aim of the programmes is to maximise the recovery of patients and improve the quality of their life
- Back in control pain management programme – a group programme led by an expert team. For patients with more than nine months’ duration of low back pain, who have had limited benefit from other treatments. The aim of these programme is to improve the quality of life despite persistent pain.
Other options available in the back pain unit include a tailored approach for those patients where a group setting is not considered appropriate.
You may be invited to an introductory session. Find out more by clicking on the links below:
The team comprises:
- Consultants with expertise in pain
- Extended scope practitioner physiotherapist
- Specialist senior physiotherapist
- Specialist senior occupational therapists
- Clinical or counselling psychologists
- Pain nurse specialists
- Technical instructors in physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
Contact: Clinic 9, King's Mill Hospital 01623 676015