Gastroenterology and Hepatology
We offer a comprehensive range of diagnosis and treatment for diseases of the gut and liver.
Our services are part of the National Bowel Cancer Screening programme offering bowel cancer screening to people in their sixties.
The department offers outpatient clinics almost every day at both King’s Mill and Newark hospitals. Day case procedures are also available at both hospitals, with inpatient care offered at King’s Mill Hospital, which benefits from almost 50% ensuite facilities.
Services offered include:
- Clinics almost every day at both King’s Mill and Newark Hospitals
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) clinic
- Day Case procedures, including liver biopsy, fluid drains (paracentesis), oesophageal stenting, and iron and drug infusions without the need for an overnight stay
- Direct links with Nottingham University Hospital’s hepatobiliary services for highly specialised investigations, pancreatic and liver surgery, and with upper gastrointestinal and thoracic surgery for cancer care
- The multidisciplinary team comprises consultants and specialist doctors, specialist nurses and dieticians.
Making an appointment
All patients are referred by their general practitioner (GP) or from specialists seeking a further opinion.
More detailed information about conditions and procedures is available below.