Neonatal Intensive Care
Our high quality neonatal service provide care to infants older than 26 weeks and 6 days gestation, with seamless antenatal to post-natal care for high risk infants. We also provide neonatal follow up and clinics for children under 18 months of age in a designated baby clinic.
We have an 18 bed neonatal unit with facility for three intensive care cots and a further 4 cots available for high dependency care.
Our neonatal intensive care service is part of the Trent Neonatal Network and has close links with the children’s cardiology services in Leicester and children’s surgical teams in Nottingham.
The smallest babies, those less than 26 weeks and 6 days gestation, are transferred to other neonatal units within the Trent Neonatal Network using the specialist Nottingham neonatal transfer team.
Patient Information Leaflets
- Neonatal Unit information booklet
- Tube feeding a baby on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Sucrose for pain relief for babies on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Infants and their families are at the centre of our services, we will constantly strive for excellence in clinical care, service and communication.
- To provide high quality family integrated and family centred care, through continuous research and education.
- To maintain the privacy and dignity of our patients and their families.
- We support infant feeding, relationship building between families and their infants, and value parents as partners in care.
- We will provide a safe friendly environment that promotes team working and fosters learning and research in culture of openness and honesty to maintain our high standards.
- Accountability to our patients, communities and each other to provide the best service we can
- Ensure collaboration within our institution and with other agencies who share our mission and goals.