10 September 2020
On this website, you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and translate to any language
- zoom in up to 300% with text staying visible on the screen, and most images scaling without resolution loss
- navigate most of the website using a keyboard
- read most of the website using a screen reader, including the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver
We have made this website text as simple as possible to understand, aiming for a reading age of a 12 year old.
The majority of this website is fully accessible.
We know that some parts of the website aren't fully accessible:
- we have a large number of old publication documents which are in an accessible PDF format, some old documents may have not been designed for accessibility
- some content is embedded in our website, such as maps and videos, and you cannot easily scale these on screen (but you can open a full screen version)
Text is intended to be machine-readable or spoken using the full range of standard and third-party screen readers.
Text size can be altered using your own browser controls or via the 'Text Size' links at the top of each page. The 'Text size' link settings will only act on pages of this site whereas browser settings will effect all sites equally.
Issues with images and video
We strive to make all of our content accessible. We are aware of the following issues with images and video on our site:
- Video content uses automated closed captioning and transcripting, and this is sometimes inaccurate. We will review these captions and ensure their accuracy manually.
- Some of the images on our site are complex diagrams where suitable alt text is not possible. A list of these images is below.
Known images with accessibility problems
- Flow charts
- Architectural diagrams
- Some map images
Images used in this site include descriptive alternative text where appropriate.
Access keys or access keys allows you to immediately jump to a specific part of the website via the keyboard.
The following access keys are defined on this website:
|Page linked to
||Skip to page content
Jumps the focus of the page past the header and navigation of the page to the start of the main page content.
This site has been built to conform to W3C standards of HTML and CSS coding. Modern browsers should be able to display the site content fully.
Reporting accessibility problems
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
If you find any problems which aren't listed on this page or think that we're not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations then please email email@example.com to let us know.