Accessibility statement for Sherwood Forest Hospitals
This accessibility statement applies to www.sfh-tr.nhs.uk
This website is run by Sherwood Forest Hospitals Foundation Trust. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser or device settings
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using a keyboard or speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- At 200% zoom and up there are display issues for our navigation
- Images used for text without correct alternative text
- Insufficient colour contrast on certain elements
- Duplicate links and links out of context
- Areas of the website are unable to be navigated using a keyboard only
- Incorrect HTML markup
Feedback and contact information
If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact Sherwood Forest Hospitals’ Communications team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01623 672 294.
If you need information on this website in a different format, such as an accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- Call 01623 672 294
We will consider your request and get back to you as quickly as possible, usually within five working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, please call or email us using the contact details provided for directions.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Sherwood Forest Hospitals Foundation Trust is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.2 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- WCAG 1.4.4 Resize Text - At 200% zoom and up there are display issues for our navigation
- WCAG 1.4.5 Images of Text - Images used for text without correct alternative text
- WCAG 1.4.3 Contrast (minimum) - Insufficient colour contrast on certain elements
- WCAG 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context) - Duplicate links and links out of context
- WCAG 2.1.1 Keyboard - Areas of the website are unable to be navigated using a keyboard only
- WCAG 1.3.1 Info and Relationships - Incorrect HTML markup
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on Tuesday 7 November 2023, following a self-assessment, testing using automated tools and in consultation with third-party web accessibility experts.
This accessibility statement was last reviewed on Friday 19 January 2024.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Our website is currently undertaking a full accessibility audit and an accessibility roadmap will be created and made available upon completion.