During National Carers Week 2021 (7 - 13 June), Sherwood Forest Hospitals is launching the Trust's Carers Passport for patients and their family members. Thanks to gaining funding from our Sherwood Forest Hospitals Volunteers via their fundraising, the Trust will be making sure that carers will be more involved in patient care with the help of the passport.
The carers passport aims to involve carers, who care for the patient outside of a hospital setting on a daily basis, in the patients care as soon as they are admitted to hospital.
The Carers Passport will allow carers to:
- Visit out of normal visiting hours.
- Provide assistance with personal care, meals and drinks.
- Be actively involved in the meetings about the person.
- Be involved in discussion and planning for the discharge of the person they are caring for.
- Provide support to the person they care for when they are having tests in the hospital.
- Have access to free car parking.
- Have access to regular drinks whilst on the ward.
- Have discounts when buying food at the hospital restaurant Spice of Life.
- Occasionally being able to stay overnight.
- Comfort packs for unexpected stays.
Please discuss the carers passport with the Ward Leader or Matron that your friend or family member is on and they will help you fill out the passport.
More information about the Carers Passport can be found here in our patient information leaflet.