Skip to content Contact us

Cookies on the Sherwood Forest Hospitals website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.

To continue using the website we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our site.

Continue Find out more

Coronavirus information

We are no longer accepting visitors to our hospitals.

Click here for more information


Adult Social Care (Social Services)

Social Workers are available to help people aged 18 years and over to access services. In preparation for leaving hospital, staff will plan with patients what to do next.

Patients may be able to return home, or may need to move somewhere else. If patients are returning home, they may need some help for a short while. This may include help with meals, help with personal care such as washing and dressing, support for family members who are caring for patients and help and advice with other services.

It may be that when patients leave hospital, they may need to go into a residential or nursing home, either temporarily or permanently. Our social work staff can help arrange this, or provide advice if people are unable to make their own arrangements.