Drug and Alcohol Liaison
The Drug and Alcohol Liaison Team (DALT) works across the whole of the Trust, delivering specialist drug and alcohol input to patients over the age of 18 within the general healthcare setting. Originally developed in 2001, we are now one of the most experienced hospital-based substance misuse services in the UK.
We are a team of four clinical nurse specialists and one clinical admin support. We receive in excess of 1000 referrals per year for hospital inpatients.
The main remit of the Drug and Alcohol Liaison Team:
- Specialist assessment, counselling and health education to hospitalised alcohol and drug misusers
- Specialist advice on the pharmacological and general management of substance misusers during periods of hospitalisation
- A communication bridge between the secondary care setting and community based substance misuse services
- Referral to community-based substance misuse services where required
- Specialist alcohol and drug education and training to hospital based workers with the aim of achieving and maintaining a workforce that is empowered to work with patients with substance misuse issues
- Striving to ensure substance misusers are able to access essential hospital services
- Support to Gastroenterology Services within the Trust, including the Alcohol Liver Disease Outpatient Clinics.
To contact the Drug and Alcohol Liaison Team, please telephone: 01623 622515 x 3935 (with confidential answerphone).
Monday - Friday, 9.00 am till 4.30 pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
The Drug and Alcohol Team are also a part of the Nottinghamshire Community Substance Misuse Service CGL (Change, Grow, Live). We therefore have close connections with our community colleagues.
To contact CGL or to make a self-referral for community drug and alcohol support, please contact 01158 960 798 or visit www.changegrowlive.org