The radiology service provides a comprehensive diagnostic imaging service that includes the use of X-Ray and various types of imaging modalities such as ultrasound, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan and CT (computerised tomography) scan.
X-Ray, Ultrasound, and CT are available at both King’s Mill and Newark hospitals, and MRI is available at King’s Mill Hospital.
King’s Mill Hospital has two X-ray departments, one situated next to the Emergency Department, and the other within the King’s Treatment Centre dedicated to outpatients. The outpatient X-Ray department uses state of the art digital equipment that gives faster results and reduces waiting times for patients.
The department has a small private waiting area for those patients needing to wear a hospital gown, ensuring a more dignified experience.
King's Mill 01623 622515
Newark 01636 681681
Patient information leaflets
- Your x-ray and you
- Undergoing a colonic transit study
- Undergoing a bladder pressure study
- Undergoing a barium swallow and meal
- Having a barium small bowel meal
- Undergoing a micturating cystogram
- Undergoing a small bowel meal
- Plantar fascia injection
- Undergoing a hysterosalpingogram
- Undergoing a liver biopsy
- Video fluoroscopy