Newark Hospital Dementia Care Appeal hits target
Posted Monday, September 3, 2018 3:03 PM
It’s official! The target for the Newark Hospital Dementia Care Appeal has been reached.
A fantastic £105,000 has been raised by staff, visitors, patients and members of the community coming together and raising funds.
The money raised will pay to enhance the patient environment on Newark Hospital’s Sconce Ward, with a particular focus on facilities and additions to help patients living with dementia.
A variety of fundraising events have been put together to help raise the money including a charity disco, fun runs, raffles, cakes sales and being the Mayor of Newark’s chosen charity.
Director of Strategic Planning and Commercial Development at Sherwood Forest Hospitals, Peter Wozencroft said: “On behalf of the Trust Board I would like to thank the Newark community for their continued support to get to the target that we needed.
“We are also truly grateful for the support received for the project from the Friends of Newark Hospital and the Sherwood Forest Hospitals Charity. It has been brilliant to see people come together and fundraise for a great cause which will benefit our patients. I am looking forward to seeing the project begin and progress over the next few months.”
Work on Newark Hospital’s Sconce Ward will begin on Monday 10 September.
- February 2020
- January 2020
- March 2020
- Latest visiting times at Sherwood Forest Hospitals
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- First patient gets Total Hip Replacement at Newark Hospital and is back home safely on the same day
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- Covid – 19 Vaccination information
- Communications and Media
- Body-worn cameras introduced at Sherwood Forest Hospitals to help protect staff and patients from violence and aggression
- Sherwood Forest Hospital Trust announces comprehensive plan to help manage the challenges of winter