An open letter to Nottingham and Nottinghamshire from your local NHS
Posted Friday, December 30, 2022 8:00 PM
We have joined partners across the local NHS in sharing this open letter to the communities of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire:
Here is that letter in full:
"Your local NHS is under the most strain we have ever seen – that’s why we need your help to avoid local services from being overwhelmed this New Year.
"The best thing everyone can do to help is to keep physically and mentally well. That will help to avoid you and your loved ones needing hospital care in the first place.
"Please also enjoy New Year responsibly – no-one wants to spend New Year in hospital!
"If you do need to come to an Emergency Department, please expect a long wait to be seen.
"Before coming to hospital, please remember that urgent care centres, pharmacies and NHS111 are all here to help when you need them. You can also find great advice by searching ‘NHS111’ online.
"Thank you for your continued support"
Chief Nurse, NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Chief Nurse, Sherwood Forest Hospitals
Chief Nurse, Nottingham University Hospitals
Chief Executive, Nottinghamshire Healthcare
Dr Tim Noble,
Executive Medical Director, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals
Here's what you can do to help:
- If your relative is due to be discharged from hospital and needs to be collected, please do so as early as possible. This will help our teams and free up a hospital bed for someone waiting to be admitted.
- Only call 999 or attend A&E departments for serious accidents and for life threatening emergencies.
- Where the situation is not life-threatening, alternative support will be available through NHS111 online or by calling 111
- Pharmacies can offer over the counter advice and treat common illnesses such as colds, sore throats, stings and allergies.
- February 2020
- January 2020
- March 2020
- Latest visiting times at Sherwood Forest Hospitals
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- First patient gets Total Hip Replacement at Newark Hospital and is back home safely on the same day
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- Covid – 19 Vaccination information
- Communications and Media
- Body-worn cameras introduced at Sherwood Forest Hospitals to help protect staff and patients from violence and aggression
- Sherwood Forest Hospital Trust announces comprehensive plan to help manage the challenges of winter