Sherwood Forest Hospitals announces new Governors
Posted Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:08 PM
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has announced the results of its latest election for public and staff Governors.
The election took place during March and April to fill thirteen vacancies for public Governors in Mansfield (x4), Ashfield (x2), Derbyshire (x2), Newark and Sherwood (x4) and Rest of East Midlands (1) constituencies. Four staff Governors to cover King’s Mill & Mansfield Community (x2), and Newark (x2) Hospital sites were also elected.
More than 1,600 votes were cast from Trust members across the constituencies and the following candidates have been elected:
- Tony Egginton, Belinda Salt, Gerald Smith and John Wood as Public Governors for Mansfield
- Philip Marsh and Kevin Stewart as Public Governors for Ashfield (unopposed)
- Brian Bacon and Valerie Bacon as Public Governors for Derbyshire (unopposed)
- Ian Holden, Ann Mackie, Richard Shillito and Martin Stott as Public Governors for Newark & Sherwood
- Lawrence Abrams as Public Governor for Rest of East Midlands (unopposed)
- Jayne Revill and Roz Norman as Staff Governors for King’s Mill and Mansfield Community Hospitals
- Richard Boot and Jacqueline Lee as Staff Governors for Newark Hospital (unopposed)
The new Governors will officially take up their duties from Wednesday 1 May 2019.
John MacDonald, Chairman of Sherwood Forest Hospitals, said: “I am delighted to welcome our new Governors to the Trust and would like to thank all the candidates who put their name forward for this election.
“I look forward to working with our newly appointed Governors, along with the rest of the Council of Governors, in ensuring that we continue to deliver our vision of healthier communities and outstanding care for all.”
Governors play an important role in holding the Trust accountable for the services it provides, as well as helping it deliver quality care to local communities. Governors also hold non-executive directors to account for the performance of the Board and represent the interests of Trust members and the public.
Governors are elected from the Trust’s membership of over 22,000. Joining is simple and can be done online at www.sfh-tr.nhs.uk, by calling 01623 622515 ext 6911 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org