Sherwood Forest Hospitals hero nominated for national award
Posted Friday, January 25, 2019 10:29 AM
Sherwood Forest Hospitals is proud to announce that a member of its Nottinghamshire Health Informatics Service (NHIS) IT team has been nominated for a national ‘Unsung Hero’ Award.
NHIS Second Line Engineer, Pete Fox, has been nominated for the ‘Every Day Hero’ award, which celebrates the hard work of non-medical NHS staff within four different disciplines including: Admin and Clerical, Ancillary, Corporate Functions and IT.
The IT Everyday Hero Award particularly recognises people who work in IT positions who truly go above and beyond their daily duties.
Pete said: “I feel honoured to have been recognised for this award. I really enjoy helping staff at Sherwood Forest Hospitals by making sure that they have the right technology to do their jobs efficiently. The support I get from other NHIS colleagues and the friendly culture at Sherwood Forest Hospitals just makes my job all the more easier and enjoyable. I wasn’t expecting to be nominated for an award, as to me I just get on and do my job and help people when they need it, but obviously people feel that I go above and beyond, which is quite humbling. I am looking forward to attending the awards night.”
The awards are split across 18 different awards across the categories, with the winners being announced at an awards ceremony held at The Hilton, Manchester on 1 March 2019.
- February 2020
- January 2020
- March 2020
- Latest visiting times at Sherwood Forest Hospitals
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- First patient gets Total Hip Replacement at Newark Hospital and is back home safely on the same day
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- Covid – 19 Vaccination information
- Communications and Media
- Body-worn cameras introduced at Sherwood Forest Hospitals to help protect staff and patients from violence and aggression
- Sherwood Forest Hospital Trust announces comprehensive plan to help manage the challenges of winter