A Big Weekend across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire sees more vaccines available for all adults
Posted Friday, June 25, 2021 5:38 PM
Walk-in Covid-19 jabs for all adults will be available from Friday 25 – Monday 28 June in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire as part of Nottinghamshire’s Big Weekend for vaccinations, where all eligible adults can come and grab a first or second jab from 8am-8pm.
All those eligible for their Covid-19 vaccine will be able to receive a vaccine at nine sites across the county including; Gamston Community Hall, Forest Recreation Ground, King’s Meadow Campus, Richard Herrod Centre, Newark Showground, Ashfield Health Village, Mansfield Wickes site, King’s Mill Hospital Vaccination Hub and Queen’s Medical Centre.
Those currently eligible include any adult member of the public as well as those who are clinically vulnerable, clinically extremely vulnerable and carers.
All sites will be offering both Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines to the public. If you are unsure or have any concerns, trained staff will be available at the vaccination sites to help put you at ease and answer your questions.
All sites will be open from 8am to 8pm from Friday to Monday offering walk-in appointments to anyone eligible for their first or second dose. Second doses will be available for anybody who had their first dose on or before 30 April.
Amanda Sullivan, Accountable Officer for NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire CCG, said: “Our Grab a Jab weekend was really successful and saw many people coming forward to get their vaccine, so we are taking part in the national Big Weekend which starts on Friday to encourage even more people to get their jab.
“We are encouraging anyone who has not yet had their first dose to come down or those who had their first dose on or before 30 April to come and have their second dose of the vaccine. The process will be really quick and easy and there will be no need to book an appointment at any of the nine sites that are open over the Big Weekend. I would urge the public to visit the sites early to receive a vaccine to help protect themselves, their families and their loved ones.
“We know the rate of infection is increasing nationally and we are seeing increases in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. We have seen in the past that a few cases can very quickly lead to a big increase in community transmission. That is why it is important that we all get our vaccine and protect ourselves as soon as possible.”
Please read these Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
The vaccination sites can be found at:
- Forest Recreation Ground Vaccination Site – Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 6AQ
- Mansfield Vaccination Centre – Former Wickes Shop, 134 Chesterfield Road South, Mansfield, NG19 7AP
- King’s Mill Hospital Vaccination Hub – Education Centre, King’s Mill Hospital, Mansfield Road, Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 4JL.
- Queen’s Medical Centre Discharge Lounge – Ward A44, A Floor, South Block of the QMC (21 on this map ).
- Ashfield Health Village – Portland Street, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 7AE.
- Gamston Community Hall – Gamston Community Hall, Ambleside, Gamston, Nottingham, NG2 6PS.
- King’s Meadow Campus – (former Central TV studios), Lenton Lane, Nottingham, NG7 2NR
- Newark Showground – Lincoln Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2NY
- Richard Herrod Centre – Foxhill Road, Carlton, Nottingham NG4 1RL
Find your nearest walk-in site on the NHS website.