At Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we recognise that having the right number of nurses with the right skills in the right place at the right time is critical in our commitment to providing high quality, safe, person centred, compassionate care across all wards and departments.
From April 2014 It became a national requirement by NHS England, that all organisations with inpatient wards publish their nurse staffing data on a monthly basis and display daily data at ward level, where it is easily accessible to the public. The data collected is then uploaded to NHS Choices for public viewing on a monthly basis. The initiative was in response to the Francis Report and the Governments ‘Hard Truths’ document that followed the public enquiry.
What information are hospitals being asked to submit?
Hospitals are required to submit planned hours for each ward on each shift for registered nurses and heath care assistants. These are submitted alongside the actual hours worked, which ideally should be as close as possible to the planned hours.
Standard Operating Procedure
You can find this here.
- Unifty data August 2018.pdf
- Unifty data September 2018.pdf
- Unify data - December 2018.pdf
- Unify data - November 2018.pdf
- Unify data October 2018.pdf
- Unify data - April 2018.pdf
- Unify data - June 2018.pdf
- Unify data - May 2018.pdf
We also report on safer staffing every month as part of our Board of Director’s public meeting.
- Safe staffing Board paper - April 2018 (March 18).pdf
- Safe staffing Board paper - August 2018 (July's data).pdf
- Safe staffing Board paper - July 18 (June's data).pdf
- Safe staffing Board paper - June 2018 (May's data).pdf
- Safe staffing Board paper - May 2018 (April data).pdf
- Safe staffing Board paper - November 2018 (October data).pdf
- Safe staffing Board paper - October 2018 (September data) -FINAL.pdf
- Safe staffing Board paper - September 2018 (August data) FINAL.pdf
- Safe staffing Board paper -December 2018 (November's data).pdf