Bibliographic Healthcare Databases
- AMED (Allied and Complementary Medicine Index) is a unique database covering the fields of alternative and complementary medicine, holistic treatment, as well as allied health topics such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, podiatry, speech therapy and rehabilitation.
- British Nursing Index(BNI)- mainly focused on British nursing issues although it also covers medical, health management and allied health fields relevant to UK nurses and midwives.
- CINAHL - covers all aspects of nursing and allied health disciplines at SFHT we have access to CINAHL Complete.
- Embase- covers all aspects of biomedical information, and is particularly strong in drug research and pharmacology. It has an emphasis on European sources of information.
- Emcare – nursing and allied health database ideal for practice, research, or education.
- HMIC (Health Management Information Collection) - containing both DH-Data and the Kings Fund databases, coverage includes official UK health policy documents and informally published literature from health and social care organisations, health service and hospital administration, as well as management.
- Medline - is a vast source of medical information, covering the whole field of medicine including dentistry, veterinary medicine and medical psychology. For access to additional journal titles use Medline Complete.
- PsycInfo - provides extensive international coverage of psychology, psychiatry and allied fields.