Cancer related fatigue
What is cancer related fatigue?
Cancer related fatigue affects up to 90% of people with cancer.
Cancer related fatigue is different to normal tiredness, this type of fatigue can occur as a result of symptoms or side effects of treatments.
Common symptoms of cancer related fatigue are;
- Feelings of tiredness
- Feeling 'washed-out'/listless
- Experiencing low energy levels
- Being unable to start jobs/activities
- Being unable to finish job/activities
- Requiring regular sleep during daytime hours
- Feeling unable to socialise
- Requiring assistance with jobs/activities
- Persistent low mood
- Irritable or feelings of anger
Staying active with regular rest periods and having a healthy diet is the best way to manage cancer related fatigue.
You may find the following video useful-
If you are suffering with low mood, anxiety or stress due to your fatigue, please visit the link below for the Clinical Psychology Cancer department who have useful information, advice and exercises.